Monday, January 18, 2010

Me!


I’m a strong woman who perseveres, works hard and never gives up. I’m passionate and caring and my determination lies in the improvement of the lives of women in South Africa. I’m friendly and open and very easily make friends. I’m approachable and helpful and kind with little bouts of aggression when I hear of gender based violence, child abuse, government officials taking advantage and animal abuse.


I love yoga, reading and writing. I dislike a dirty kitchen but love to cook, hoping someone will come along and help tidy up. I love cats and going to the zoo. I dislike lies and tofu. I am loyal and will always offer my shoulder for a ‘snot and trane’ session.
The most freedom I have felt and can actually put into words is driving 160km pre hour on the N1 from Cape Town to Johannesburg. I believe strongly in human rights and equal opportunities. I’m a great aunt to my nieces and nephews and will never turn down the opportunity to hold a new born baby.

I try my best to do my bit for the environment and tend to get annoyed at people who drive ‘fuel guzzler’ cars and forget to switch lights off. I think we should stop drinking bottled water in places where the water is safe to lessen the amount of plastic that ends up in our oceans.

I love to travel and see and experience new things. I love talking and learning and feel that you are never old enough to be taught what a denominator or numerator is. My spelling is bad… on a good day and atrocious on a bad day… thank God for spell check.

I believe in God and prayer. I also believe in religious freedom and tolerance. I believe that God created all things and that there is beauty in everything.

1 comment: